Indiana State University’s Career Center and Bayh College of Education hosts a Teacher Recruitment Fair for students and alumni. The fair provides an opportunity for participants to interact with representatives from school districts or organizations who are recruiting for teaching positions. Other positions such as school counselors or administrative positions may be available.
Though the fair is an excellent experience for those seeking full time positions, attending the fair is also beneficial for underclassmen, as it allows them to make contacts within their career field and learn what skills they can develop to make them more marketable.
Students interested in attending are encouraged to upload their resume into Sycamore Career Link before the event. Employers will gain access to the resumes beginning March 17th and could possibly begin scheduling prescreening interview for the day of the event.
The event will begin with an open networking session where recruiters can add candidates to their screening interview schedules. The remainder of the event consists of one on one screening interviews for pre-selected candidates.
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Open Session (Networking and Pre-selection will take place during this session for interviews later in the day)
- 10:30 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Interview #1
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Interview #2
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Interview #3
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:20 p.m. Interview #4
- 12:20 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 1:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Interview #5
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Interview #6
- 2:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Interview #7
- 3:00 p.m. Teacher Recruitment Fair Ends