Welcome to the University of South Carolina Career Center Spur Connections Database!
WHAT IS THE SPUR CONNECTIONS DATABASE?
Spur Connections is a tool to help practitioners (both USC alumni and non-alumni) assist USC students and alumni in learning more about various positions and industries. USC students and alumni will be able to search the Spur Connections database and contact mentors for such activities as email networking, information interviewing, job shadowing, etc.
WHAT AM I COMMITTING TO?
When creating your account, you select the activities in which you are willing to participate. Students and alumni will be able to contact you electronically through the system, and you have the option to prevent users from seeing your personally identifiable contact information except for first and last name and city and state. You can also set a limit for how many students are able to contact you each month.
WHAT GUIDELINES MUST I AGREE TO IF I PARTICIPATE?
When you create your account, you will be asked to check a box that you agree with the Spur Connections Database Guidelines for Use. Please review these carefully.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Registered Users: Enter your username and password below and click LOGIN.
- New Users: If you have NOT registered with this site before, click the Click Here to Register link below to create a new account.
- Once logged in, navigate the system using the tool bar accross the top of the page.
IMPORTANT TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Using a PC? We recommend Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher. If you need to upgrade or install your browser, click here.
- Using a Mac? We recommend Firefox version 1.5 or higher. If you need to upgrade or install your browser, click here.
- You should disable any popup blocker when using this site.
THANKS! ANY QUESTIONS?
Thanks for your participation and support of USC students and alumni! If you have any questions, please contact Erin Mullen, Program Coordinator, Experiential Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.777.1247.