Professional Skills for Veterans, Guards and Reservists
A series of 4 interactive small group discussions (8:30-9:30 AM on Thursday, September 20, October 4, 18, and November 1) geared toward active duty veterans, guard members and reservists that include the following subjects:
- Identification and marketing of professional skills
- Career exploration
- Resume translation from military to civilian worlds
- Connecting and networking with veteran/military friendly employers
- Successful interviewing
- Job and internship searching (i.e. USAjobs, Vetjobs, Troops for Teachers, etc.)
Additionally, participants will interact with military/veteran-friendly employers during a panel/Q&A session and networking social at a date and time to be determined during Veterans Week.
- Participants will identify and learn how to communicate their top 5 professional skills
- Participants will learn resources available to explore career directions
- Participants will have a working resume to use for internship and job searches with language identifiable within the civilian world
- Participants will interact with employer representatives from organizations that value military service/experience to build their professional networks
- Participants will learn how to enhance their interviewing skills
- Participants will identify and utilize job and internship searching resources (online and through networking)
These free programs will also include a complimentary copy of the Get! Hired guide and the StrengthsQuest assessment.